01 April 2010

-SECTION FIVE: WORKSHOPS / SCHEDULE / MISC CHAT-


Welcome to April and spring! After our floods this week here in New England, today's sunshine is very welcome.I have a favor to ask of you who teach lower elementary. As you may remember, I'm making my first trip to Uganda later this month to bring materials and teaching strategies to a poor rural village school. The teachers are primarily untrained members of their community who teach
children aged 4 - 12 basic reading, writing, math and health. They need teaching strategies and lessons. I'm hoping some elementary teachers may have or be able to put together some simple (1 page) lessons as far as how to teach alphabet (perhaps a sheet explaining how to teach each letter, or cursive), math, hygiene, etc. I'm not looking for "handout masters" as the school has no electricity nor paper, so lessons are done verbally using a chalk board. I just need ways that the adults can learn HOW to teach elementary concepts. I can also take electronic "power point"
presentations for teachers as they do have a laptop that they charge in town and then can bring out for the teachers to view. Email me if you need more information or are interested in helping in other ways utilizing your own students to construct lessons. Before my trip to Uganda, I'll be returning next week to Toronto for a day of Layered Curriculum® training at North Albion Collegiate and then to
Oklahoma City for a day at Heritage Hall. New workshops are in the planning for New York and Oklahoma. My calendar is posted on the website. If you are looking to schedule a workshop for the next school year, please send me and email or visit:http://help4teachers.com/workshops.htm
As always, my best to yours,Kathie
OBTAINED FROM DR.KATHIE NUNLEY'S EDUCATOR'S NEWSLETTER

1 comment:

springsalive said...

Greetings from a beautiful "springy" New England. I hope the flowers
are popping wherever you are today too.

This is a GREAT month for me and I'm so excited about the many
trips and projects I've got going. I just returned from Toronto where I
spent another day with teachers from the northwest region of Toronto
District School Board on Layered Curriculum® and differentiation.
This weekend I head to Oklahoma City to work on Monday with Heritage
Hall Academy, also on the "why" and "how" of differentiation.

Then next week it's off to Uganda for our first of what I hope are annual
humanitarian trips to take training and teaching materials to the Springs
Alive village school. Thank you so much to all of you who have sent me
primary teaching tips, ideas and especially thanks to Theresa for the wonderful
power point lessons. I'll update you as soon as I return on the situation
with the school over there so that we can continue to help them thrive and
grow.

There are new additions on my calendar for New York City, Missouri,
Toronto, and Oklahoma. I'm now booking workshops for fall and spring of
2010/2011. If you are looking to schedule a workshop for the next school year,
please send me an email or visit: http://help4teachers.com/workshops.htm

As always, my best to yours,
Kathie